Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quote book for Caroline (Reggie 2006)

I created this book out of love for my dear cousin, Caroline.  It was a project created in my Reggie Ezell class in 2006.  We were studying different hands and using different tools.  I decided when Caroline saw some paper she liked while she was visiting that I had I would make her a little booklet.  It not only holds meaningful quotes, but also some memories of our past that is sort of encrypted for only us to "understand".  I used embossing tools as well as gouache and a C-Tech .25 pen, as well as Sennilier oil pastels and colored pencils. The paper used was from a stash I had received from a friend.  It was from a paper mill in Canada called St. Armand. It was very luscious, hand made paper and I loved lettering on it.  The gold I used was Schminke Pan Watercolor with Schminke Tro-Col powdered gouache added to it.  Here is the site for the paper:
St. Armand Paper Mill in Canada.
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment